A safe place to live and study
Australia is a popular destination for international students because of its reputation as a safe place to live and study.
Personal and religious freedom
- In Australia, people are encouraged to respect the rights and freedoms of others, no matter where they come from, their political choices or religion. Whether you practise Buddhism, Hinduism, Judaism, Islam, Christianity or any other religion, you will find communities and places of worship where you can connect with people of the same faith. You can feel safe to practise your chosen faith with laws that protect your religious freedom.
- Australia is one of the world’s most politically stable countries. The country’s leaders are elected through a process that is transparent and fair.
- Citizens enjoy freedom of speech and individual rights.
- Australia's long-term stability is backed by a well-established system of law and government that protects the individual rights of citizens and visitors.
Find out how your rights will be protected in Australia.
A high standard of living
- Australia has a high standard of living supported by an educated workforce and a high level of innovation.
- The quality of education, healthcare, transport, infrastructure and government services in Australia are all above international averages.
- Australian cities and towns have some of the lowest crime rates in the world. Our streets and public spaces offer security and freedom not always found in other parts of the world.
- Strict laws protect Australia's clean, green environments so you can enjoy a safe and healthy environment, including in our cities and regional centres.